The referendum on Thursday 6th May 2021 showed strong support for the Neighbourhood Development Plan with 85% (157 people) voting “Yes” and 15% (28 people) voting “No”.
So a large majority of the almost 40% of residents who voted were in favour of the plan.
This means that Herefordshire Council will now be using the NDP to help when deciding on planning applications.
It provides important additional criteria for a development to be accepted by Herefordshire Council Planners, better reflecting the wishes of residents.
The official declaration notice of the result can be downloaded from the Herefordshire council website here: Declaration of result of poll Allensmore neighbourhood planning referendum (herefordshire.gov.uk) and the final NDP plan can be downloaded from here: Allensmore Neighbourhood Plan April 2020.
The NDP Steering group and the Parish Council are very grateful for the help the residents have provided during the development of the plan and for the support shown at the referendum.
Nick Chapman – NDP Steering group chair
Tony Cramp – Parish Council chair
Herefordshire Council’s notice of the Referendum on the adoption of the Allensmore Neighbouthood plan
Allensmore Neighbourhood Plan
Referendum on the adoption of the Allensmore Neighbourhood plan.
- A referendum will be held on Thursday, 6th May 2021 to decide on the question below:
‘Do you want Herefordshire Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Allensmore to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
- Applications to be included on the register of electors for this referendum must be received no later than Monday 19th April 2021.
- New applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations for existing proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Town Hall, St Owen Street, Hereford, HR1 2PJ by 5pm on Tuesday, 20th April 2021.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this regerendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Town Hall, St Owen Street, Hereford, HR1 2PJ by 5pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this referendum on the grounds of physical incapacity, or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Town Hall, St Owen Street, Hereford, HR1 2PJ by 5pm on Tuesday, 6th May 2021. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021.
Dated: Monday 29th March 2021
Further information about the referendum can be found on the Herefordshire Council website
Please see an agenda, for the Allensmore PC 19th September Parish Council Meeting, attached.
Mrs Alison Wright, Parish Clerk
Parish Council: The next meeting is at 8pm on Thursday 25th July 2019 at Pateshall Village Hall. The agenda will follow. The minutes of the meeting held on 21st March 2019 are available here.